The Lythic HardWear Floor is a cost-effective alternative to diamond polishing.
Diamond polishing produces a beautiful, durable floor, but it is a labor intensive, consumable-intensive process that can exceed some budgets. Lythic has developed a lower-cost, high-performance alternative that takes advantage of the unique properties of Lythic Densifier. It makes a floor with a near-polished appearance, and all of the polished concrete performance advantages:
- Environmentally friendly upkeep
- Long service life
The Lythic HardWear Floor is based on a double treatment of Lythic Reactive Colloidal Silica densifiers. It can be applied to new, hard-troweled floors, or to existing slabs with light grinding. The first treatment, with standard Lythic Densifier, bonds silica particles of about 5-nanometer size to the concrete. This base layer forms a bonding surface (or landing pad) for a special version of the densifier, Lythic XL, with silica particles of about 45-nanometer size. These larger particles quickly build up density in the surface and may actually fill in finer scratch patterns.
When this newly-made, high-silica surface is burnished, it produces a near-polished gloss. It eliminates two or three diamond-polishing passes, saving on the costs of both labor and diamond tooling. After stain protection, a 100-grit grind can resemble an 800-grit polish. It has all the performance properties of a polished concrete floor, and similar low maintenance requirements.
The protocol is simple:
- Existing slabs can be ground to remove residues and honed to 100-grit. New, hard-troweled floors can simply be screened for cleaning – no grinding necessary.
- Densify with Lythic Densifier.
- Densify again with Lythic XL Densifier
- Burnish with black stripper pad on high speed burnishing machine. Gloss appears.
- Stain protect with Lythic Protector.
- Burnish to enhance curing and gloss.